Saturday, January 10, 2009

Orkut Messenger V2.0


I'm not a big fan for “social networking” sites, but when it comes to Orkut, there's my friends! Orkut is an online community that connects people through a network of trusted friends.

The scrap feature really sucks! To reply to one of the scraps you received one has to go to the sender's profile and then to her scrapbook and then post the content! This is very boring and I searched a way thru this. Found a couple of not so satisfactory Grease Monkey scripts, a Scrapboy (which keeps saying “Orkut is unfriendly” and something very ugly called OrkutCute!

I managed to get myself started and write this sweet thing in two days! I applied the logic of leeching the pages than using any API or someother stuff. Leeching proved very fast and scrap notification came in seconds. Scrapboy is decent but is very very slow and “unfriendly”. Orkut Messenger (OM) is just leeching the pages so it all runs down to your browsing speed and application's performance.

Here's screenshot of my baby messenger:


Download

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: